617 Bukit Timah Road, Level 2
The 4 days we spent with the 6 children have been delightful, both for the kids and the adults. Recognising the creativity and potential that these young minds have, we gave them the freedom and autonomy to experiment with new thoughts and ideas, as they used loose parts we laid out for them to create their own unique cars, build their own version of the race track they've watched Lightning McQueen race on, and work together in a group setting. Finally, each child even had some time to present and share with everyone their own stories and the character they have created.
As Junior Visual Development Artists, children have to think about how their main characters will look like. They will then use different materials to build and design their cars and create a simple character bible.
A scriptwriter often has to research information in order to write a story. What determines the speed of their cars? What are the challenges the children face with their cars? How could children use their discovery to create a story?
Children will explore the concept of speed and understand the basic structure of a story.
Children will work together in teams to construct the set where their story is going to take place by applying what they have learnt from the day before. They will use recycled materials and discuss what props are required to enhance the set.
Children will piece their story together and present their storyboard to the class.
Things to note:
1. This is strictly a drop off programme for children born between 2011 and 2013.
2. All snacks and materials will be provided.
3. Please bring along a water bottle and a change of clothes. Do dress your child comfortably in clothes and shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
4. Do ensure your child can attend all 4 days of the camp before signing up.
5. We can only offer a 70% refund should you decide to cancel one month before the first day of the camp commences, and please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org